04 August, 2010

BDSM and Spanking

One of the Discussion Forums I've been reading on and off for quite some time is Spanking Classics.

Many times the threads that pop up on the various discussion forums can tend to be repetitive.

There can be some basic themes that show up on a regular basis and in spite of the repetitive nature they still manage to get my attention because there is usually someone new, or for that matter someone old who has a new take... a new perspective on something that I might find interesting.

The common topics are usually along the lines of:

  • How do I find a spanking partner?
  • How do I tell my partner I want to spank/be spanked?
  • What's your favorite implement?
  • What implement do you fear most?
  • How did you discover you were a spanko?

There are of course other topics that come up but the above list seems to cover the most common topics that recycle.

Then there's the other one:

Is Spanking BDSM?

Now this question seems to often generate some very well thought out responses and sometimes some very personal and also very controversial response.

I suppose it always bothers me just a bit that there seems to be such a need to place labels on our individual activities. Personally, I suppose every individual couple or even individual should be able to apply whatever label they want to the activities they partake in.

If so-and-so does, or for that matter doesn't want to consider their personal activity under the broad umbrella of BDSM... Then who the gosh darn heck am I to say they are wrong?

In some of the most recent Spanking/BDSM discussion, there was mention that some "mainstream" BDSM types actually view we spankos as being extremists if not some sort of 'edge players'. It had never occurred to me, but for the simple fact that many of us don't believe in the use of 'Safe Words'.

Well, then I guess I just could be an edge player, but I don't see any pony activites in our immediate future.


Perhaps what may be the difference here, unlike the sometimes 'Poly' nature of the BDSM community as a whole where people sometimes play with others who may very well be virtual strangers.

I think many of us who are more exclusive 'spankos'... tend to be exclusive!

Having that better familiarity, Communication and Trust in our particular case simply trancends the basics of Safe Sane and Consensual.

For the memorable past and the foreseeable future my spanking activity assuredly is with only one person, My Fine Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment